Boating Safety Course - Coast Guard Auxiliary
Boating Course is an eight hour course covering the basics of boating and is appropriate for youth as well as the adult boater.
Successful completion of this course satisfies the education requirement for youth to operate a PWC in both Virginia and North Carolina.
- Virginia now has a law that all boaters in the waters of Virginia will have to show proof of taking a Boating Course.
- North Carolina Law effective 1 Jan of 2014 requires that all PWC and Motor Boat Operators born after 1 Jan 1988 will have proof of taking a Boating Course, if they are operating a vessel with with an 10 HP engine or greater.
The fee for the course is $30. Preregistration and prepayment are required.
All classes are on Saturday from 8:30am to 5:00pm, with the exam given at the end of class. Please bring your lunch - none will be provided. It is a busy day, but rewarding. Bottled water and sodas can be purchased for 50 cents.
Other options for this class:
- Occurs Saturday, June 23rd, 2018 at 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EDT
- Occurs Saturday, July 28th, 2018 at 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EDT
- Occurs Saturday, August 4th, 2018 at 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EDT
- Occurs Saturday, September 15th, 2018 at 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EDT
- Occurs Saturday, October 13th, 2018 at 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EDT